We all know that clothing with rhinestones on them is one of the most challenging clothes to wash because they are very delicate, and the rhinestones can be easily damaged or removed. However, there are ways in which you can maintain the beauty of your clothes with rhinestones. You just need to know how to wash them properly.
In this article, we’ll discuss how you can properly wash your rhinestone-embellished clothing using different techniques so that you can maintain its quality.
Let’s get to it!
1. When Washing in a Machine Washer
Washing machines can be very harsh on your rhinestone-embellished clothing, but you can still wash it using the machine. You just need to be extremely careful with the process. When you wash your clothing using a machine washer, here are the things you should do and shouldn’t do:
- You must turn your clothes inside out before putting them inside to protect the rhinestones. This way, the rhinestones in your clothes will not snag on anything while the washer is on.
- As much as possible, don’t use any pre-wash sprays because that could soften the glue of the rhinestones. Just gently rub the stained area with warm water and laundry detergent to remove it before washing it.
- If your clothing is just small, put it in a delicates-only bag so that your garments will have an extra layer of protection. You can also use a pillowcase if you don’t have a bag.
- Ensure that you will only wash your delicate garments in cold water because the glue that binds your rhinestones might melt if you wash them in hot. Also, set your machine into a delicate cycle so that it will not spin as much.
2. When Washing by Hand
Washing by hand is probably the safest way to wash your rhinestone-adorned clothing because you can control how you wash your clothes and apply gentle care to them. However, there are still things to remember when washing your clothing with your hands.
Here are some simple reminders you should take note of:
- You should still turn your clothes inside out even when washing by hand because the rhinestones could still snag on something and harm your clothing.
- Wash your rhinestone clothing in a big bucket of cold water and mild soap. Try to find a laundry detergent that is free of extra dyes and chemicals.
- Swish your garments around in the water for about 5 minutes. Then, agitate the garment with your hands and turn it over a few times to wash it all over. Just remember not to squeeze or wring it because that could damage the rhinestones.
- Rinse your clothing until the water runs clear. Make sure you get all the soap out of your garment, so it doesn’t dry with a film of detergent.
- Just press your garment in between your hands after washing it. You can also pat it dry with a towel if you’re having trouble getting a lot of water out.
Now that you know how to wash your rhinestone-embellish clothing properly, you can expect that you can keep it for longer. Just make sure you follow this guide and always remember to wash your clothes gently. Also, remember not to wash or dry your garment in extreme heat because that can remove the rhinestone from the clothing and damage your garment at the same time.
Are you looking for rhinestones that you can put in your clothes? Zahira Crystals has got what you need! We are an Australian rhinestone supplier offering different styles, colours and kinds. Our rhinestones are made of high-quality materials, perfect for any dance costumes or clothing. Browse our shop and place your order with us today!